License to Learn: Microscope Licensing
In order to use the microscope for the upcoming labs you MUST pass the microscope quiz and earn your license! The quiz will be on December 4th. We STRONGLY suggest you make flashcards using the blue packet you received on November 26th. Do not wait until the eleventh hour to study!
It's a CELLebration!
The three-dimensional replica is DUE
Monday, December 10th!
Check out the pictures below for some ideas:
Please view the rubric attached below. Make sure to label and describe the function of each organelle on your plant or animal cell!
The Unit test will be on Thursday, December 13th!
How do I "ACE" the cell test?
- Identify the types of cells found in the human body and their functions
- Know the parts of a microscope
- Match the cellular organelle with the correct function
- Label a plant and animal cell correctly (the organelles will be listed in a word bank)
- Explain the differences between a plant and animal cell
- Understand how the punnett square is used to predict dominant or recessive genes
- Apply the punnett square correctly
Check out these cool websites to study Cell Structures and Processes!
Go to the "Cell Structure" Gizmo to practice labeling and identifying the organelles of both plant and animal cells: explorelearning.com (Use your login and password that you created in class to access the Gizmo.)
The Usborne Internet Linked Science Encyclopedia
Once you go to the link above type in the following page numbers:
Animal Cell 298-299
Plant Cell 250-251
Blood Cells 350-351